Monday, July 1, 2013
Let them be little
I have found that in the process of raising my kids that there are multiple opinions on how to do it the "correct" way. I have always been aware of these and have found myself trying to try out different ways. I found that I was always way to concerned about how everyone else was doing it and if I was doing it right or not. I finally came to the realization last night as I was trying to get my 2 year to stay in bed that it doesn't matter how you go about parenting as long as you feel good about it. I am grateful to have the gospel of Jesus Christ that gives me all I need to know about the fundamentals of a loving and functioning family. When I tuck my kids into their beds at night I know that as soon as I leave they are going to "secretly" climb into my bed and fall asleep there. My husband and I will then have to carry them back to their beds and out ours back together. I used to think that I needed to teach them to stay in their beds. I thought that it was some sort of big deal that they fall asleep in their beds. While carrying them into their rooms and kissing them goodnight I remembered the country song titled "Let Them Be Little." It was then that I realized they are only this age once. I need to soak up every little thing I can about them at this age because it will never come again. I get one chance to raise these kids and I need to remember every little detail about them at their ages. I love when it's 6 in the morning and my 5 year old climbs into bed and grabs my hand to help him fall back asleep. I would never trade that for anything. I have found that sleep, a clean house, folded laundry, gourmet dinners, and nice clothes are very overrated. Who has time for any of that when you have growing kids in the house. I would trade anything to have the moments with my kids. I'm so thankful that I have be given this opportunity to have these amazing little spirits enter my life. I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who helps me understand the true meaning of Motherhood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ha ha, I don't know if I agree about sleep being overrated, but so true on everything else! ha ha
ReplyDeleteYes, I LOVE that song! Sometimes I run out of patience and stress about discipline and teaching and raising good kids; but it's so important to remember the cute little things they'll never do again because they just keep growing.
And yes, never compare yourself to other mothers and compare children....you are doing a great job as long as you stick to the Christlike way of parenting. And just do your best!
You're such a fun Mommy and I'm glad you've got those two cute little ones to enjoy.