Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Blessings
Since the first of January our family has their fair share of sickness. There were days when I didn't even want to get out of bed because I knew what the day was going to entail and I didn't know that I could face it. The winter's here in Cache Valley are very cold and miserable. The inversion is what gets me the most. Going for a month without seeing the sun is enough to put anyone in a really bad mood. Then when you add all the sickness on top of that it is just a recipe for disaster. I keep thinking how unfair it was that we kept getting sick week after week with something new each week. I was starting to feel bad for myself and family when I heard about a good friends family and what they are going through. They have 3 kids and all have a heart condition. Their oldest daughter has already recieved a heart transplant. Their next daughter has been waiting the last 13 months for a new heart, while their youngest boy has a pacemaker and is eventually going to have to have a transplant. A week ago the family found out that there was a heart ready for their daughter. They were so excited to finally have one and have their daughter be able to start living her life again. The days of the transplant was one of great relief and excitment for this family. During the transplant surgery the parents recieved a call that their oldest daughter was being rushed to the hospital because her heart (the one that she has had for 6 years now) was being rejected by her body. This family is now dealing with both daughters in the hospital one with good news and the other not. I don't know how I could handle news like that on the same day! When I was hearing all of this I realized how blessed I really am. My kids may have been sick but at least it is not something life threatening. I was SO thankful for my friend in telling me about her family. I realized how small my trials are now and how blessed me and my family really are. I now pray for this family everyday and hope that things look up for them. I am thankul for this opportunity to count my blessing and be reminded of how precious this life is and how to make the best of your situation. I would challenge anyone who is feeling sorry for themselves to find someone else in need and find an opportunity to get to know them and try to serve them in some small way. I promise it will make your life so much better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment